Happy Valentine’s Day lovers!!
I hope you are all having a great day and making time to love yourselves as well as all the special people in your lives.
I spent my day hanging out with Gary and making LOTS of yummy Valentine’s Day inspired treats for him. I planned on posting a few on here today but some technical difficulties got in the way. So for now here is the super delicious smoothie bowl I made us this afternoon. It’s packed full of tasty, healthy goodness.
Pure Love Smoothie Bowl
[ vegan ] [ raw ] [ gluten free ] [ sugar free ] [ soy free ] [ dairy free ]
Makes about a 1 1/2 liters.
- one frozen ( or fresh ) banana
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- chunk of ginger
- 1 inch piece of fresh aloe, clear inside part only ( optional ) **
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 romaine hearts
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 beet
- few drops of vanilla stevia
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup water ( depending how thick you like it )
- Throw the first 7 ingredients in the blender with enough water to make it blend.
- Add romaine, blend.
- Add kale, beet and stevia, blend. Adding more water if you need.
- Pour in bowl or cup and top with coconut.
•• NOTES ••
** Fresh aloe is soooooo good for you for you but make sure you only use the inner filet, the green part is poisonous. Ekk! I have a post coming in a few days about the wonderful things adding aloe to your diet and skincare regime can do! Watch for it!!!
RAD love, C