*Warning* This sauce is super flavorful and addictive.
This recipe makes A LOT. I like to always have it in the fridge. Gary puts this on everything but some of our favorite ways to enjoy it are on rice bowls, salad rolls, stir-fry’s, or just as a veggie dip. I’m pretty sure Gary would drink it if he could. I’m positive if you continue following this site you will see a ton of recipes requiring this delicious sauce.
RAD • Almond Sauce
[ gluten free ] [ vegan ] [ raw ]
Again the recipe makes a lot. So the first time you might want to cut this recipe in half.
- 2 cups almond butter (preferably raw/organic)
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped (or less)*
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tsp sambal oelek
- 1/2 cup braggs liquid soy seasoning
- 5 tbsp red or white wine vinegar (I use both – 2 tbsp white, 3 tbsp red)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Throw everything except the almond butter and cilantro in the food processor, process until well mixed.
- Add in almond butter, process until smooth
- Add in finely chopped cilantro. process. If you aren’t a cilantro fan you can totally exclude it from the recipe.
•• NOTES ••
* This sauce is pretty garlicky so start with less and add more to your taste. *
RAD love, C